We have built a robust platform that performs customer credit scoring in real time . We have integrated all Credit Reference Bureaus (CRB) in Kenya, Integrated Population Registration Service (IPRS) and M-PESA.
CRB APIs enable us to know whether the customer has defaulted other loans previously within seconds. IPRS is a government database for all Identification Numbers in Kenya and thus helps us to know whether the ID used during registration is valid.
We are able to unlock and do automated analysis. Data crunching yields very vital details on the customer’s ability to repay the loan and provide an insight of their spending habits. All these details help us in correctly predicting a good/risky borrower.
Key parameters from the customer M-Pesa details include;
- See how much money your customer has operated with in his/her MPesa or Bank across the year » More than CRB report assessment of the applicant - see all loans being serviced.
- See the frequent people (ranked) that he is sending money to or receiving money from. This will be helpful in collections and business development
- Check the place he frequents for food, shopping, entertaining, salons and barber, including church etc. Including MPESA agent locations that he uses mostly
- Check other loans they have and whether they are servicing
- Check main payments: buy Goods and paybill channels frequently used, which paybills they use mostly and even the total amount of money moved from bank to phone
- Lifestyle: we check lifestyle spending of the customer e.g on beauty, online purchases, whether they own a car through purchase of the fuel etc
- Investments: whether they pay Sacco shares, or insurance or even the savings on Mshwari/KCB Mpesa
- Helps in fraud detection
- Check other Safaricom lines that the applicant has etc. All the above parameters help in predicting customers financial ability, Risks levels and predicting the purchase trends.